Attic Insulation Removal Service
If your attic has old or dirty insulation our first step is to remove it because the old insulation is inefficient and could lead to high energy bills. The dirty insulation could have been the result of pests like rodents that contaminated the insulation and that leads to an unhealthy home.
We remove batt insulation and we remove blown
We use to remove attic insulation a custom-designed, high powered vacuum that sucks up safely and efficiently all of the dust and debris. With such technology removing blown-in insulation is a safer task.
Let the experts handle removing attic insulation
Many homeowners may ask if they can remove them by themselves the insulation? Well, this is not a safe option because problems may occur if you don’t use adequate protection and expertise. Not everyone is familiar with the appearance of some potentially dangerous materials that older insulation has been made out of such as older fiberglass products or asbestos. It is often the case with blown-in insulation where the insulation can be higher than the joists in your ceiling, which makes it difficult to see where you are walking. It is tempting to try to remove the loose fill or batts yourself but you may end up causing accidental damage such as stepping through your ceiling.
Attic Insulation Removal Basics
The attic is not built for anyone to safely occupy without knowing how to move around:
- So that’s why our crew walks along the floor joists and they are careful not to step foot on the drywall below because there’s a good chance that the foot will go right through it and they can hurt themself.
- Secondly, attics are cramped spaces and they are very careful with the roof overhead because it can leave a mark there.
- Additionally, the attic isn’t usually a lit space and is usually very dark. So they put a work light or a flashlight to see the place around.
- Last but not least, after so many years of neglect, the attic can be dirty and dusty.
Signs of Poor Attic Insulation in Your Home
- Water Leaks. Bad insulation can let water get into your home, causing water damage to your interior walls and ceiling.
- Ice Damming. Ice dams are blocks or ridges of ice formed because of the continuous melting and freezing of snow. They don’t allow water and ice to drain properly.
- Pest Problems. If you find pests such as bugs and mice in your home, the problem is your insulation.
- Cold Drafts. If you feel chilly drafts in your home, you should insulate the windows and doors insulated adequately.
- Moisture and Mould in the Attic. Moisture in your home leads to the growth of mould and fungi. If you find them it means that you need to remove your attic insulation.
- The Heater and AC are in Overdrive. Proper insulation helps to balance the temperature inside your house and if they are in continuous work it means that the insulation needs to be removed.
- High Energy Bills. If there are gaps in the insulation, in the winter the heat will not stay inside your home and the cold is getting in and vice versa may happen in the summer. And this makes you pay a lot of money. Call an expert to fix the problem.
- Cold Rooms, Walls, and Floors. If you find that a few of the rooms in your house are colder than the others, or if the ceiling and interior walls are cool, this means that the insulation is not in her best condition.
- Frozen Pipes. Frozen pipes in your walls are also a common indicator of an insulation problem. If the outside temperature is declining, these pipes can burst, and you will spend a lot of money fixing it.
What equipment and supplies do we use to do attic insulation removal?
The Attic Insulation Removal equipment and supplies are different by the type of insulation to be removed. You will have one of two types of insulation in your attic or sometimes both. Your attic can have Blown Cellulose Insulation or Fiberglass Batt Insulation. Blown Cellulose Insulation is typically brown or gray in color and is a loose material. Fiberglass Batt Insulation is most commonly pink or yellow but can also be found in white or brown and it’s like a blanket.
How much does attic insulation removal cost?
This depends on a lot of factors, like the dimensions of the attic, the working hours, the type of insulation. But every time is better to consult with an expert.
What do we do after attic insulation removal?
Now that the attic insulation removal project is complete we can make repairs and upgrades. Now that the attic is clean and has no insulation we have open access to the attic floor, the eaves, electrical wiring and fixtures, plumbing, and HVAC equipment.
Projects that we complete after attic insulation removal:
- Plumbing Repairs
- Whole House Fan or Attic Fan Installation
- Attic Air Sealing
- Radiant Barrier Installation
- Electrical Repairs
- Air Duct Replacement
- Plumbing Repairs
- Attic Flooring Installation
- Learn more about attic insulation removal in Toronto
- Learn more about insulation removal for home renovations
- Learn more about insulation removal in the GTA
- Learn more about attic insulation removal in Mississauga
- Learn more about attic insulation removal in Vaughan
- Learn more about spray foam insulation in Toronto
- Learn more about attic insulation in Toronto