Spray foam roofing is an innovative roofing material that provides insulation and high water resistance. Spray foam roofing systems have become popular with commercial property owners for their durability, convenience, and affordability. Properly applying spray foam roofing required the proper experience, equipment, and materials. A spray foam roofing system can be used in any climate and when correctly installed and maintained can last over 50 years. In a timely manner, commercial roofing companies can apply SPF roofing to the largest commercial buildings.
Commercial Spray Foam Roofing
From large corporations to small businesses, trusts Eco Spray Insulation with commercial roofing. Because it is quicker, more cost effective, and far more efficient than other styles of the roof. SPF can be used for new commercial roofs or applications over existing roofs. Initially spray polyurethane foam was used in a softer form in upholstery work, the material soon proved itself to be adaptable to construction projects from roofing to wall insulation. And this time tested the development of spray foam insulation is one of the benefits of SPF roofs.
Spray polyurethane foam roof insulation adds building strength and control air filtration, thereby reducing heating and cooling costs. For flat roofs and low-slope commercial buildings, including metal ones, spray foam insulation is the ideal roofing alternative to gravel, tar torch-on, and membrane systems.
Benefits of Spray Foam Roofing
In the roofing industry, everybody knows that spray foam roofing offers benefits that no other roofing system can compete with. A commercial spray foam roofing if properly installed and maintained can last over 50 years and you will enjoy problem free roof insulation. Compared to other roof insulation types, the benefits of installing spray foam insulation on the commercial roofing system are more in terms of performance, cost, installation, quality, and longevity.
Spray foam offers the lowest thermal conductivity of any commercial roof installation product. The material provides the best insulation capabilities for the building and having an efficient roof will save you money while reducing your carbon footprint.
The most practical solution for Canadian buildings is spray foam roofing. From the coldest winters to the hottest summers spray foam roof systems are the most durable for all seasons
The R-Value is the capacity of an insulating material to resist heat flow and the higher the R-Value the greater the insulating power. From all the commonly used roof insulation spray polyurethane foam has the highest R-Value.
Air tight & moisture resistant
Spray foam is the most efficient thermal barrier commercially available and the smooth applique also minimizes ponding water.
Ease of Maintenance
Spray foam roofing after its installation requires minimal preventative maintenance and repair. It should be inspected semi-annually, in the Spring, and again in the Fall. And of course, that additional inspection is also suggested following any event that might have caused damage to the system.
Spray polyurethane foam roofs are self-flashing, which refers to the spray foam ability to conform to irregular shapes. Self-flashing allows SPF to be applied faster around all penetrations such as vents, pipes,drains, parapet walls, HVAC units etc.
In comparison to other roofing systems, spray foam roofs are installed quicker. Most spray polyurethane foam roofing projects involve little to no tear off. Spray foam roofs are spray applied which means that they can go around with ease.
Types of Commercial Roofs
We have many types of commercial roofs which are built according to the needs of the building and of course the budget of the owner. Please find below the six most usual ones:
- Metal Roofing – is a very popular commercial roof type and it has the advantage of having an attractive, finished look. Metal roofs have strong fire resistance ratings and are stronger and more durable compared to traditional commercial roofing options.
- Built-up Roofing Membrane – known also as “BUR”, is built with multiple layers. Built-up Roofing Membrane is a flexible roof type as the number of layers can be varied to help control costs or meet certain durability requirements you may need to address.
- Modified Bitumen Roofing – offers enhanced tensile strength compared to most other flat roof types. Maintenance of modified bitumen roofs is simple and can be handled with annual inspections and cleaning.
- Thermoset Roof Membrane – is also known as EPDM roofing and offers long-lasting durability and versatility, paired with a simple installation and ease of maintenance when compared to most other commercial roof types.
- Thermoplastic Roof Membrane – Thermoplastic Polyolefin (TPO) & Poly Vinyl Chloride (PVC) roofing systems are highly effective, lightweight, and provide excellent weathering and resistance to UV light.
- Green Roofing – perhaps is the most versatile king of commercial roofs around today. Its leading advantage is the ability to protect commercial buildings from the elements while simultaneously managing water, drainage, and improving energy efficiency.
How are commercial roofs insulated?
A spray foam roofing insulation saves time and money and the normal process of installation goes like this:
- Step 1: Prepare the existing roof
In case that there is a new build and if no roof already exists the structure itself will need to be prepared for application. The top or substrate on an existing roof will need to be prepared in advance of the application. This consists of eliminating oil, dirt, contaminants, and other particles.
- Step 2: Polyurethane foam application
The first layer of foam is applied after the roof is prepared. So during this step, you will see the expert spraying the liquid directly onto the roof.
- Step 3: Foam expands
During this step, the foam will expand up to 20 times its original size. This creates that leakproof, seamless, airtight application that makes spray foam so great. The foam will be only one to 2 inches in thickness.
- Step 4: Second layer is applied
After the first layer is set the roof is ready for its top layer. This coating is a fraction of the thickness of the first application and protects the roof from the wind, rain, hail, moisture, etc. The key is this coating which locks in the durability our customers rave about.
- Step 5: Final Result
This is the final step that takes the longest – you enjoy your spray foam roof for years and decades. Spray Foam roofs are seamless and outlast alternatives every time.
Why Choose Eco Spray Insulation
Spray foam insulation is a cost effective, high performing, and long-term roofing option for your low sloping or flat roof. At Eco Spray Insulation, we have a team of experts in commercial roofing. Our certified roofing contractors will provide you with the best advice and installation when choosing the Spray Foam option for your commercial building.
Here at Eco Spray, we use the highest quality materials and we never cut corners, which is why we expect our roof system to last the life of your building. If you would like to know more about roof insulation, contact Eco Spray Insulation, at +1 (416) 860-6664 for a free estimate, where one of the insulation professionals will come in to assess your building and get it sorted for you. And for additional information about our services or products, visit our website: www.ecosprayinsulation.ca