Insulation is a critical component in the construction of your home. It can assist keep heat from leaving your home during the winter and from entering your home during the summer. Keeping your home warmer throughout the cooler months will also help you save money on your energy costs. Upgrading your house insulation, especially your spray foam insulation in your attic, may help you save up to 30% on your energy expenses, but there’s more! Spray foam insulation may help keep your family safe and healthy. Furthermore, upgrading your insulation might help you avoid a range of health issues.
On This Article:
Health Advantages of Improving Your Insulation
- Homes that are healthier – By minimizing the amount of dust and other pollutants that wind up in your house, insulation helps keep it healthy.
- Reduced Mold Risk — Mold thrives in warm, moist, and dark environments. Upgrading to a greater level of insulation prevents moisture from accumulating inside your walls and attic, as well as reducing the amount of light that can reach the same places, all of which minimize the likelihood of mold formation.
- Blocks Outdoor Air Pollutants – Spray foam insulation keeps drafts, dust, and pollen out of your home, hence enhancing interior air quality.
- Inadequate Insulation – Improperly placed insulation can lead to mold, mildew, and moisture buildup. Allergies and asthma sufferers may be worse by this. Shortness of breath, chest discomfort, coughing, nausea, and vomiting are all possible side effects.
Advantages of Having a Well-Insulated Home
Anyone who has an insulated home can attest to its value. Homes can use less energy, minimize air pollution, and save money on heating and cooling expenses. Spray foam Insulation in the attic reduces heat transmission by trapping air within your home’s walls. When warm air comes into contact with the exterior of a wall, it cools due to convection. Because of the insulation, it remains within your home rather than escaping into the outside air. According to Eco Spray, one of the most significant environmental concerns we face today is energy efficiency.
Advantages of Spray Foam Insulation
The EPA cites numerous advantages of spray foam insulation:
- Insulation also aids in temperature regulation in your home. It inhibits the escape of heat from within the home to the exterior in hot weather. In cold weather, it prevents warm air from escaping, lowering fuel use or allowing you to lower your thermostat a few degrees.
- Spray foam insulation can save your utility expenditures by up to 30%.
- Spray foam insulation has an R-value ranging from 7 to 25 per inch and provides good thermal resistance. It might assist you in saving money on heating and cooling.
Insulation plays a significant part in your home’s energy efficiency, and appropriate insulation is critical for good health. A well-insulated attic will assist to lessen the load on your central heating system while also saving energy.
All of these advantages are made possible by efficient spray foam insulation installation.
If you have been putting off upgrading your house insulation, now may be the time to do it, with rising energy rates and electric expenses. It definitely pays to go ahead and make those renovations now for additional comfort, not just financially, but also physically, as summer comes next year, which means more usage of air conditioners, which results in higher electricity costs. So, don’t put off updating your house or attic insulation any longer, especially when there are home renovation grants available to help you pay for it! Contact Eco Spray Insulation immediately to find out whether you are qualified for one of the Ontario incentives!